Kids Bullying School Lies
Kids Bullying School Lies – Lies?
I seem to be getting into this discussion with parents a lot again lately.
It starts something like this “My child was put in isolation for defending themselves”
Or one I had the other day “we ended up getting a solicitor to talk to the school and the solicitor said the school don’t allow kids to defend themselves”
Well excuse my bluntness, BUT that solicitor is an idiot and your kid’s school is lying to you.
Kids Bullying School Lies – Rights
I’m going to keep it simple, if you require more information please get in touch.
- Self defence is a legal right and no one can take that away
- No school or workplace policy is above the law
- Your school has a duty of care to your child
- If they take away your child’s rights to defend themselves they are failing in their duty of care and breaking the law
- By taking away their right to defend themselves, they are adding duress and stress to your child’s well being and school experience
- The law as it relates to self defence is crystal clear, if you want to go the extreme. It is legal to kill someone in self defence.
- If you can prove that you acted with reasonable force and held an honest belief that you or others or property were in danger you acted within the law.
- The law is for all
- You can sue your school for taking away these rights
There’s the legal stuff, now here’s the psychological implications, maybe?
What kind of person would tell a child not to defend themselves?
What message is that giving to them and how does that help when they enter the big wide world on their own?
Imagine putting your child in a boxing ring with another child and saying, “Don’t hit back” Imagine the stress, imagine how helpless and alone and frightening that would be.
Now imagine saying “if you hit back i will punish you, and there are 100 people watching.
Not only can they not stand up for themselves or their friends but they are going to get punished for doing so.
What kind of world is that?
Now explain to me how the above example is any different than sending your kids to school where they are being bullied every day. Sending them there saying, you cannot defend yourself, the teacher said so and they have told us they will call in the police if you do.
I’ll tell you the difference, the school day lasts six hours not like six minutes in a boxing ring, the bully knows he can get away with it and cares nothing about the teacher’s threats of isolation or the police. The boxing ring has a referee so if it gets too messy they stop it, the playground is concrete and there are no rules and bullies operate with friends who will kick you when you are down.
Do you think that might cause stress to your child?
Do you think that might cause anxiety, depression? You don’t have to be a genius to work out where that type of thing can lead, it’s dangerous.
It only stops when the bully decides
OR WHEN YOUR CHILD STANDS UP TO THEM
Kids Bullying School Lies – MINIMUM FORCE
Minimum force always, but take no nonsense, stay safe and change schools to one with an ethical policy on self-defence. To a school that recognises bullies exist and need to be stood up to.
If you cannot find one then simply adopt the attitude of the bully
Stick two fingers up to the dumb rule makers and do whats right, deal with the consequences later, you’ll be better off for it in the long run.